This is the quilt that I decided to finish last weekend. I started it last year using some Halloween novelty fabric I picked up at Joann’s. All the blocks were complete. I just needed to put the blocks together and quilt. I decided to do a QAYG technique. I joined a strip of blocks and then quilted them onto a strip of batting. Each row was then stitched together and I pressed open the joining seams so that they were flat.
I stitched a backing face down onto the right side of the quilt leaving a 6″ open area so that I could flip the quilt right side out. I finished by top stitching all around the outside edge (which secures the opening) and then I ran a line of stitching down each strip seam to secure the front to the back of the quilt. It turned out really cute and I am so happy to have it finished and out of the unfinished project pile!
Link Party Palooza on Today’s Creative Blog
Sew Darn Crafty on Sew Many Ways